Sunday, September 7, 2008

Welcome

Not sure if you found my blog by accident, recommendation or boredom, but welcome!

I'm mainly blogging to help myself eat healthier and get into better shape, but if I can also amuse, help, or even inspire someone else too that is great. 

So, I am 23, live in NJ and my diet of choice is Weight Watchers. I started on September 1st and I'm following the Flex Plan. My husband and I love to cook and try new recipes, so I hope to have this blog be part recipes, part exercise and part motivation.

So what is my motivation? I just got married in December of 2007. I *meant* to kick myself into shape by the time the wedding came along, but alas, that did not happen. Luckily I have a photographer who must have majored in Photoshop because my pictures look amazing. 

So I've always struggled with being heavy and something just clicked last week and I decided that I *CAN* do this. If I could somehow pay my way through 4 years of a private University while working part time, I can do this. If I could find a great job that I love only 6 months after graduating, I can do this. If I survived packing up and moving 250 miles from home to take that great job, I can definitely do this. 

So that's one more piece of this. I just moved from Mass to NJ. I see my friends and family about once a month. And honestly, I want to surprise the sh*t out of them when we go home for the holidays and I'm looking good. 

I've also been inspired by a wonderful group of people online. If you know me, then I'm sure you've heard all about the *nest*. It's basically a spin off group from a message board of ladies that were getting married, either around the same month, or the same location. There have been 2 especially inspiring girls, one from the December board and one from the local board and I hope to get their permissions to link their blogs to mine too because they both have very inspiring stories.

So that's it. I am officially hell bent on change, and how embarrassing would it be to have this blog and typed all this for nothing, now I have to be accountable. 

No comments: